Who we are
Pretty Royale is an online-only jewellery eCommerce site and style blog. We write about all things jewellery related and, even sell a range of jewellery items through our online shop. For those who are unaware, our website address is: http://www.prettyroyale.com/
Like most website operators, Pretty Royale collects non-personally-identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Pretty Royale’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how our visitors use its website. From time to time, we may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its website.
Pretty Royale also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses for users leaving comments on our blog posts. We only disclose commenter IP addresses under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally-identifying information as described below.
As stated earlier, we also sell jewellery online via our website. When a user makes a purchase on our site, we collect the following personally-identifying information:
- Full name
- Shipping Address
- Email Address
- Phone Number
- Payment details (such as credit card information)
- And other details at the checkout to process your payment
Gathering of Personally-Identifying Information
Certain visitors to Pretty Royale’s website choose to interact with Pretty Royale in ways that require us to gather personally-identifying information. The amount and type of information that Pretty Royale gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. For example, we ask visitors who sign up for our newsletter to provide an email address and name. All users making a purchase via our site will also need to provide personally identifying information (please see section above).
Use of Your Information
Having accurate information about you permits us to provide you with a smooth, efficient, and customized experience. Specifically, we may use information collected about you via the Site to:
- Administer sweepstakes, promotions, and contests.
- Assist law enforcement and respond to subpoena.
- Compile anonymous statistical data and analysis for use internally or with third parties.
- Create and manage your account.
- Deliver targeted advertising, coupons, newsletters, and other information regarding promotions and the Site to you.
- Email you regarding your account or order.
- Enable user-to-user communications.
- Fulfill and manage purchases, orders, payments, and other transactions related to the Site.
- Generate a personal profile about you to make future visits to the Site more personalized.
- Increase the efficiency and operation of the Site.
- Monitor and analyze usage and trends to improve your experience with the Site.
- Notify you of updates to the Site .
- Offer new products, services, and/or recommendations to you.
- Perform other business activities as needed.
- Prevent fraudulent transactions, monitor against theft, and protect against criminal activity.
- Process payments and refunds.
- Request feedback and contact you about your use of the Site
- Resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems.
- Respond to product and customer service requests.
- Send you a newsletter.
- Solicit support for the Site.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Links To External Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites, products or services.
Protection of Certain Personally-Identifying Information
Pretty Royale discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that:
- (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Pretty Royale’s behalf or to provide services available on our website, and
- (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others.
Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Pretty Royale’s website, you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
We will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above.
Pretty Royale discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or another governmental request, or when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Pretty Royale, third parties or the public at large.
If you are a registered user of http://www.prettyroyale.com/ and have supplied your email address, Pretty Royale may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Pretty Royale and our site.
We primarily use our blog to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
Pretty Royale takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
Pretty Royale may collect statistics about the behaviour of visitors to its website. We may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, we will not disclose your personally-identifying information.
This site uses affiliate links and does earn a commission from certain links. This does not affect your purchases or the price you may pay.
To enrich and perfect your online experience, Pretty Royale uses “Cookies”, similar technologies and services provided by others to display personalized content, appropriate advertising and store your preferences on your computer.
A cookie is a string of information that a website stores on a visitor’s computer, and that the visitor’s browser provides to the website each time the visitor returns.
How long we retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognise and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register for our mailing lists on the website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in on a third-party email provider. The email provider we use is MailChimp. If you unsubscribe from all our mailing lists, we will delete all saved information and data relating to your account.
What rights you have over your data
You may at any time review or change the information in your account or terminate your account by:
- Logging into your account settings and updating your account
- Contacting us using the contact information provided below
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Pretty Royale needs to perform a contract with you
- You have given Pretty Royale permission to do so
- Processing your personal information is in Pretty Royale legitimate interests
- We need to comply with the law
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights. If you wish to be informed what Personal Information we hold about you and if you want it to be removed from our systems, please contact us.
In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights:
- The right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you.
- The right of rectification.
- The right to object.
- The right of restriction.
- The right to data portability.
- The right to withdraw consent.
Sale or Bankruptcy
We are not responsible for the actions of third parties with whom you share personal or sensitive data, and we have no authority to manage or control third-party solicitations. If you no longer wish to receive correspondence, emails or other communications from third parties, you are responsible for contacting the third party directly.
If you have any questions or issues, please use our contact form or send us an email at: hello(at)prettyroyale.com. We will aim to reply within 3 to 5 days of receiving your email.
Policy last updated: February 2021